Jan 12, 2017
Techpacker is Smart
Techpacker is a web application for fashion brands to Develop Products Faster, Reduce Costs and Improve Overall Quality. A goal shared by every fashion brand. Thousands of fashion companies in 86 countries are using Techpacker to organize their fashion collection and work more seamlessly with manufacturers. Why? Because it’s convenient, fun, and insanely easy to use.
What Does Techpacker Actually Do?
a. Create Techpacks Fast and Visual.
b. Manage your product development, all-the-way through production, such as submits and approvals.
c. Collaborate with your team or multiple manufacturers, share files and communicate from one place.
d. See latest developments in product design, what others are doing through EXPLORE (e.g. our open-source fashion product development community).
Who Is Techpacker For?
If you have ever found yourself or your company:
a. Tired of wasting time on making boring Techpacks OR want to make quality Techpacks FAST.
b. Running late on samples OR receiving incorrect samples from your manufacturers
c. Overwhelmed by juggling between several styles in one development
Techpacker makes dealing with these much easier. So easy to use from day one, but the more you use it, the more useful features you'll find.
Benefits of Making Techpacks With Techpacker?
Save 70% less time in making Techpacks with Techpacker compared to other available tools. How?
- Explain everything visually with images, flats and sketches instead of data-entry. Features like Drag & Drop Images and Annotate will make it super fast to explain even most complicated ideas.
- No need to put extra effort on making techpacks: Techpacker has created an industry standard format for your documents, that have been build in research with leading brands and manufacturers around the world.
- For re-occurring silhouettes, fabrics, or zippers: Techpacker has My Favorites and Copy feature that allows you to duplicate sketches, Bills of Material (BOM), Point of measurements (POM), and so on.
Need inspirations or too lazy to make it yourself : then go to our EXPLORE cards library and simply 'PACK' the trending cards to your Tech Packs.
Get your FASHION products developed and approved faster by 48% compared to traditional tools. How?
- Techpacker breaks down your product into individual items so EACH can be managed effectively to improve your productivity.
- Follow your entire development : Everything you are currently working on by season, or within an individual style. Things that are pending for approval, or things that are approved for production.
Notifications will alert you when items have been assigned to them or cards related to them have been updated, commented or pending with approaching due date.
Smartly Organize Everything about your products:
- As everything is stored systematically on Techpacker using Techpacks and Cards (you will learn more in the Techpack area in further chapters), therefore gone are the days when you had to dig deep inside your emails and long conversation threads to find that one approved component sent out on a particular day. Now you can search directly from that 'Card' itself.
- Techpacker stores versions of your Techpacks, so you don't have to file them with labels or specific folders - which is more trouble then it's worth. You can access any version of your techpack right through your Techpacker account.
- Techpacker can send your Techpacks in PDF format to your manufacturers or team directly (and save you those extra steps of: downloading, saving, filing, attaching, and then sending).
- Techpacker is easily accessible from the web and works in a responsive manner so it can easily be used on tablets and mobile devices as well. It supports drag-and-drop and uses inline-editing to make the interface very user-friendly.
Reduce emails up to 70% and increase transparency. How?
- Start a conversation, drag images and attach files all within the comments of a card, even add other team members to join, while using email to keep everyone current.
- Collaborate with everyone: You can collaborate with your team, freelancers, manufacturers, and even button suppliers, all in one place, without interfering with one-another. For example, a production coordinator can collaborate with the supplier about quality problems, with (or without) the technical designer being distracted by the discussion.
- Time Management and Accountability : Techpacker time-stamps each action in a history log, which can be helpful if something goes wrong. (Coming Soon)
- FREE to use : You can start using fully featured Techpacker absolutely FREE of charge. Learn more Here. We are yet to come across any tool available online that provides such awesome functionality of making Techpacks and manages product's lifecycle (PLM) and is totally FREE to use.
Who Uses Techpacker?
Thousands of fashion companies in 86 countries use Techpacker to organize their fashion collections and work together with manufacturers. Why? Because it’s convenient, fun, and insanely easy to use. If you are working with any manufacturer in USA or China or any part of the world, chances are that they may already use Techpacker with other customers.
What Do I Need to Use Techpacker?
To get started on Techpacker, you can either go to landing-page or directly sign-up. Techpacker can be accessed by modern browsers and have been tested on the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox and Safari. We do not guarantee the performance on older versions or Internet Explorer before version 10.
Do You Have a Mobile Version?
We DO NOT have a mobile version yet, but it's currently being developed. Stay tuned for release updates! To see all latest features added on Techpacker, click here
How to Use Techpacker?
Let's go to next chapter and get you started.